Was there a fire at your hotel?
Fire in hotels abroad
There are practical steps you must take when you arrive at your hotel or holiday accommodation to ensure you and your family's safety in the event that there is a fire.
Fire Accidents - Safety advice on Arrival at your hotel:
- On arrival check all the escape routes and locate the nearest to your hotel room or apartment
- Familiarise yourself with the route by walking it
- Read the fire instruction notice in your room – which will provide guidance on what to do and where to go if there is a fire
- Identify the method of raising the fire alarm at your hotel
- Always extinguish any smoking material and never smoke in bed
Fire Accidents - If there is a fire at your hotel - Safety advice:
- Evacuate your room immediately – do not try to gather personal possessions. Every second is valuable to ensuring your safety
- Close the door behind you
- Raise the alarm – shout to alert other guests and holidaymakers
- Do not use the lift. Use the staircase
- Go to the assembly point clear of the hotel
- If you cannot leave your room – close all doors and place wet towels and clothing around the door as a seal. Shout for help from your window. Call reception and other emergency services notified to you
Injured in a fire at your hotel? – Get in touch with our Holiday Accident Claims Specialists now and gain compensation for your injuries.
Freephone: 0808 145 1353 or drop us a line using the form above.